Independence Hall Community Center, Arnold, California, was officially
established in 1974. From its inception, the Hall has served as
a non-profit, non-tax-supported community facility for the Ebbetts
Pass area. Originally, the Hall was the Avery School, a one-room
elementary school with a divider creating two classrooms.
The attendance area extended along California Highway 4 from Camp
Connell nearly to Murphys. The first function to be held in the
building was a school Christmas program in December, 1941. The
school was rededicated in 1964 as Hazel Fisher Elementary School
in honor of its first principal and teacher, Miss Hazel Fisher.
Following construction of a new Hazel Fisher Elementary School,
the original building was signed over to the Ebbetts Pass Wonderland
Association and in recognition of our nations bicentennial
was renamed Independence Hall. The Hall was dedicated and remains
this areas community center.
1445 Blagen Road
Arnold, CA 95223